Meet the Staff BBQ/Welcome Letter
Posted on September 4th, 2018
We trust everyone had a wonderful, restful, relaxing summer and is ready for another exciting year at A.L. Horton!
Our school has a few new changes this year and some reminders.
Welcome New Staff
Staff in New Roles
Olena Hartsula - Grade 2 UB
Emily Burton - Grade 4 UB/ELL/ESL
Emily Harris - Grade 5
Ashley Bicknell - Grade 5 UB
Ashley Vincent - PALS
Kelsey Kisilevich - ECS UB and Grade 1
Kelly Sawatzky - Grade 1 and Counselor
Melanie Lichak - Grade 3 UB
Melanie Semeniuk - Grade 3
Pousali Mali - Grade 5
Brendan Barkwell - Music/Band
Heather Reid - LINKS
- We will be hosting a “Meet the Staff/Parent Drop IN” BBQ on September 5, 2018 from 4:30 pm - 6:30 pm. Please use the gym entrance on the east side of the school, as the front doors will be locked. We would love to see as many parents/guardians as possible, even if you only a few minutes. This is a “DROP IN” format.
- Be sure to check out our website at www.alhorton.ca and our A.L. Horton Facebook page for important information, updates and news. All information can be found on our website and Facebook.
- As of the 2018-19 school year, Elk Island Public Schools (EIPS) is moving to a new service provider for sending phone and email notifications to families, School Messenger. Families won’t notice much of a difference—all email subscription are being transferred so, there is no need to resubscribe.
If you’re new to EIPS and want to start receiving Division news and update, or just want to review your subscription information, visit www.eips.ca/contact/subscribe. Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL) requires the Division to have direct consent before engaging in electronic communication with its families. Only those who have subscribed to receive emails will get information about Division and school-related news, such as newsletters, information about upcoming events, parent and community engagement opportunities, important school-based updates and more.
NOTE: Even if you’re not subscribed, you will continue to receive emails regarding emergency situations and financial matters. Those who received notifications about high school attendance will also continue to receive those messages.
- Doors to the school open at 8:15 am and classes commence at 8:30 am. Important information is announced at the beginning of class. Our dismissal time is 2:55 pm with busses leaving at 3:03 pm.
- The first Wednesday of every month is early dismissal at 1:55 pm, busses leaving at 2:03 pm. Wednesday - September 5, 2018 will be our first early dismissal.
Safety is our primary concern. Our doors are locked during the day. We do have a doorbell system at the front doors.
If you have any questions or concerns, please speak to your child’s teacher and/or come and see us in the office.
We look forward to having a wonderful, fun-filled year.
Greg Probert/Ralph Arndt
A.L. Horton School