Many students in our care suffer from life-threatening allergies. This extreme form of allergy is called anaphylaxis and results in an individual going into respiratory arrest after contact with a known allergen. As per EIPS Policy, we are bound to provide a safe environment for all students. Since this is a life threatening allergy and our school is home to many small children, we must comply with EIPS Policy and not send peanuts and nuts of any kind to the school. This includes products with trace amounts in them. If you are not sure if it contains nuts, please have your child wash their hands after eating any unknown items.
For more information about anaphylaxis, please see the administration of the school. We appreciate your support, empathy and compassion for all of our students.